DEVASTATED Arby’s fans fear the loss of a landmark after the chain announced the closure of one of its most iconic locations.
The shuttered restaurant was a fixture on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, Los Angeles for nearly six decades.
Marilyn Leviton, 91, opened the diner in 1969 and has run it for 55 years.
However, the place has now permanently closed its doors, wishing “goodbye” to customers and the city.
“Goodbye Hollywood. TY for 55 great years,” read a sign outside Arby’s on Monday morning.
The Roast Beef restaurant officially closed on Saturday.
Leviton said the closure comes after struggles caused by the pandemic, the state’s minimum wage increase and other business costs, including equipment upgrades ordered by bosses.
“I am very sorry that it has come to this,” said the former owner KTLA News.
“The truth is, I think it was the pandemic that killed us. I really feel like we would have closed during the pandemic [if it weren’t] for federal loans,” Leviton said.
“I think we’ve done a good job for 55 years.”
While customers have taken to Facebook calling the closure the “end of an era,” others want to preserve part of the diner that has become a historic landmark.
Outside Arby’s restaurant is a large iconic neon sign in the shape of a cowboy hat.
“Those giant neon Arby’s Roast Beef signs are slowly disappearing across the country. I hope at least one sign is saved,” wrote one customer.
“Why don’t they just let it live on as an iconic neon sign/sculpture?” another suggested.
“LA never keeps its history, see: brown derby destroyed and buried by malls.”
Several Hollywood residents suggested that the plaque be acquired by local museums.
Meanwhile, others shared their memories of the site.
“Well, that sucks. This was actually the first Arby’s I ever went to – after a show at The Palace when I was 20,” one said. he said
“Sunset Boulevard will never be the same,” added another.
Restaurant Closings in 2024

BOSSes of major restaurant chains have announced a series of restaurant closures. The US Sun has compiled a list of those affected by the network.
- Biscuit Barrel: Stores in Medford, Oregon, Columbia, South Carolina and Sacramento, California, closed.
- Mod Pizza: Bosses dramatically closed 27 stores, including in the state of California.
- Frisch’s Big Boy: Restaurant bosses have confirmed the closure of a restaurant in Covington, Kentucky.
- Two dolars: Four restaurants in Ohio are set to close.
- Pepper: A restaurant in Port Arthur, Texas, has closed permanently.
- Friendly: Bosses have confirmed that an establishment in Ronkonkoma, Long Island, will close.
- Pizza Hut: A restaurant in Glen Falls, New York, closed at the end of March.
- Danny: Two restaurants in Boise and Nampa, Idaho, have closed.
- Carl’s Jr.: The first location in Boise, Idaho, has closed.
“More and more fast food places will close in California thanks to the $20/hour law,” wrote a third.
California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a new $20-an-hour minimum wage law, up from $16, which took effect April 1 for some fast-food restaurants.
Chains with 60 or more franchises around the world and no table service must adhere to the new salary, this is impacting places like In-N-Out, McDonald’s and Chipotle.
The US Sun previously reported on the abrupt closing of a Burger King restaurant after three decades in the Golden State.
This story originally appeared on The-sun.com read the full story