The Princess of Wales says she is making progress as she undergoes preventative chemotherapy treatment.
UK royal Kate Middleton made her first public appearance since announcing in March that she was battling cancer.
The Princess of Wales, as she is officially known, appeared on Saturday at “Trooping the Color,” an annual military parade held in central London to mark King Charles’ birthday.
The princess, whose husband Prince William is heir to the throne, was dressed all in white and stood on the balcony of Buckingham Palace during the proceedings.
She also joined her children – Princes George and Louis and Princess Charlotte – in a carriage during the event’s parade.
In a message released on Friday, the royal said she was making “good progress, but as anyone going through chemotherapy knows, there are good days and bad days.”
“On those bad days you feel weak, tired and have to give in to resting your body. But on good days, when you feel stronger, you want to make the most of the feeling of well-being.”
She added that she is “not out of the woods yet.”
Cancer diagnosis
The 42-year-old last appeared in public in December when she joined other royals for an annual church service on Christmas Day.
Three months later, as speculation grew about her absence from public view, Kate announced that she had been diagnosed with cancer following abdominal surgery and had begun preventive chemotherapy.
Kensington Palace declined to provide further details about the type of cancer or its treatment.
Speaking to Al Jazeera, royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said the public appearance was “tremendously significant”, as Kate and her children represent “the future of the monarchy”.

He noted that King Charles, 75, also present at Saturday’s event, has also been battling his own cancer diagnosis.
“Charles himself is fighting cancer,” Fitzwilliams said. “He has done very well recently and has appeared at a large number of engagements.”
Saturday’s event represented a bright spot for the royal family, which has faced turmoil in recent years.
These included the death of Queen Elizabeth II in 2022 and a deep family feud surrounding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s 2020 decision to step back from their royal duties.
This story originally appeared on Aljazeera.com read the full story