TSMC says there was no damage to its Arizona facilities after incident

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on telegram
Share on email
Share on reddit
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram


TAIPEI (Reuters) – Taiwanese chipmaker TSMC said on Thursday there was no damage to its facilities following an incident at the construction site of its Arizona factory where a garbage collection truck driver was transported to hospital .

Firefighters responded to a reported explosion Wednesday afternoon at the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company plant in Phoenix, the Arizona Republic reported, citing the local fire department.

TSMC, the world’s largest contract chipmaker whose customers include Apple and Nvidia, said in a statement that none of its employees or construction workers reported any related injuries.

“This is an active investigation with no additional details that can be shared at this time,” he added.

Taipei-listed TSMC shares pared earlier gains following the news and rose about 0.8% on Thursday morning.

TSMC agreed last month to expand its planned investment by $25 billion to $65 billion and add a third factory in Arizona by 2030.

The company will produce the world’s most advanced 2-nanometer technology at its second factory in Arizona, with production expected to begin in 2028.

(Reporting by Ben Blanchard; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman and Kim Coghill)



Source link

Support fearless, independent journalism

We are not owned by a billionaire or shareholders – our readers support us. Donate any amount over $2. BNC Global Media Group is a global news organization that delivers fearless investigative journalism to discerning readers like you! Help us to continue publishing daily.

Support us just once

We accept support of any size, at any time – you name it for $2 or more.

Related

More

1 2 3 6,256

Don't Miss

UNC Board Votes to Cut DEI Funding

UNC Board Votes to Cut DEI Funding

The Board of Trustees at the University of North Carolina
Ranieri will leave Cagliari and retire from managing the club

Ranieri will leave Cagliari and retire from managing the club

Claudio Ranieri masterminded one of the biggest stories in Premier