Donald Trump warned that “it would be difficult for the public to accept” if he were jailed after becoming the first former US president to be criminally convicted.
The former president was found unanimously guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records to cover up “hush money” payments to adult film star Stormy Daniels on Thursday.
He has maintained that he is innocent and has said will appeal the verdict.
Speaking to Fox & Friends Weekend on Sunday, Trump has suggested that incarceration or house arrest would be “a breaking point” for Americans.
Although he said he was “fine” with the possibility of going to prison, the former president said: “I don’t know if the public would take it.
“You know, I’m not… I’m not sure the public would support it. I think it would be difficult for the public to accept it. You know, at a certain point, there’s a breaking point.”
This content is provided by speaker, which may be using cookies and other technologies. To show you this content, we need your permission to use cookies. You can use the buttons below to modify your preferences and enable speaker cookies or allow those cookies only once. You can change your settings at any time through the Privacy Options.
Unfortunately we have not been able to verify whether you have given your consent to speaker cookies. To view this content you can use the button below to allow speaker cookies only for this session.
Listen above and then tap here to follow Sky News Daily wherever you get your podcasts.
Trump also continued to claim that the trial was rigged against him, saying, “People get it. It’s a scam.”
“And the Republican Party… they’ve stood together on this. They see that it’s an armouring of the FBI’s justice department and all of that is coming from Washington.”
It is the latest attack on Thursday’s guilty verdict, in which the former president make a 40 minute long speech at Trump Tower on Friday lashing out at the judge, District Attorney Alvin Bragg and Joe Biden.
“This [trial] “It’s all done by Biden and his people,” Trump said, saying the White House worked “in conjunction with” the Justice Department on his “rigged” prosecution.
Photo: AP
Hours after Trump blamed the president for his conviction and trial, Biden said at the White House: “It’s reckless, it’s dangerous, it’s irresponsible. “Let someone say this was rigged just because they don’t like the verdict.”
He also said: “It reaffirms the American principle that no one is above the law.
“Donald Trump had every opportunity to defend himself. He will now have the opportunity to appeal the decision.

Stay up to date with the latest news from the UK and around the world by following Sky News
Trump’s sentencing is scheduled for July 11, just days before. The Republican Party is expected to confirm it. as their candidate for the presidential election against Biden in November.
The conviction Doesn’t stop Trump from running for president again.
Trump has also said the trial boosted his campaign fundraising, claiming on Friday that $39 million had been sent from “small money donors” within 10 hours of his conviction.
This story originally appeared on News.sky.com read the full story