The baby, weighing 1.4 kg and born via emergency caesarean section, was stable and gradually improving
A girl was born to a Palestinian man killed along with his husband and daughter by an Israeli attack on the Gaza city of Rafah, where 19 people died overnight in intensified attacks, Palestinian health officials said.
The dead, killed in attacks on two houses, included 13 children from one family, they said.
The baby, weighing 1.4 kg and born by emergency cesarean section, was stable and gradually improving, said Mohammed Salama, the doctor caring for her.

A Palestinian girl saved from her mother’s womb, who was killed in an Israeli attack
Photo credit: REUTERS
His mother, Sabreen Al-Sakani, was 30 weeks pregnant.
The baby was placed in an incubator at a Rafah hospital alongside another child, with the words “The baby of the martyr Sabreen Al-Sakani” written in tape across her chest.
Sakani’s young daughter Malak, who was killed in the attack, wanted to name her new sister Rouh, which means spirit in Arabic, said her uncle Rami Al-Sheikh. “Little girl Malak was happy because her sister was coming into the world,” he said.
The baby would be in the hospital for three to four weeks, said Salama, the doctor. “After this we will see her exit and where this child will go, to the family, to the aunt or uncle or grandparents. Here is the greatest tragedy. Even if this child survives, she was born an orphan,” he said. .
The 13 children were killed in an attack on the second house, belonging to the Abdel Aal family, according to Palestinian health authorities. Two women were also killed in that attack.
Asked about the casualties in Rafah, an Israeli military spokesman said several militant targets had been hit in Gaza, including military compounds, launch sites and armed personnel.
“Did you see a man among all the dead?” said Saqr Abdel Aal, a Palestinian whose family was among the dead, mourning the body of a child wrapped in a white shroud.
“They are all women and children,” he said. “My entire identity was erased, with my wife, children and everyone.”
Mohammad al-Behairi said his daughter and grandson were still under the rubble. “It’s a feeling of sadness, of depression, we have nothing left in this life to cry about, what feeling will we have? When you lose your children, when you lose your closest loved ones, how will you feel?” he said.
‘WE ARE STUCK’
More than half of Gaza’s 2.3 million people have flocked to Rafah, seeking shelter from the Israeli offensive that has devastated much of the Gaza Strip over the past six months.
Israel is threatening a ground offensive in the area, where Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said fighters from the militant group Hamas must be eliminated to ensure Israel’s victory in the war.
President Joe Biden has urged Israel not to launch a full-scale offensive on Rafah to avoid further Palestinian civilian casualties.
Palestinian health authorities say more than 34,000 people were killed in Israel’s attack, which began after Hamas fighters attacked Israel on Oct. 7, killing about 1,200 people and kidnapping another 253, according to Israeli records.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said on Sunday that Israeli military strikes had killed 48 Palestinians and injured 79 others across the Gaza Strip in the past 24 hours.
In the larger of the two Palestinian territories, the Israeli-occupied West Bank, Israel said its soldiers shot two Palestinians who tried to shoot and stab them on Sunday. The Palestinian Health Ministry said both men died.
Abu Jehad, a resident of Gaza City who is sheltering in Rafah with his family, said he feared that the Israelis would invade Rafah unless a ceasefire was reached, and that he would have to flee once again. “We are trapped and everyone is waiting for their turn to die,” said Abu Jehad, who was reached by phone.
(Except the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
This story originally appeared on Ndtv.com read the full story