DANA WHITE has issued a defiant statement about the “conspiracy theories” surrounding the cancellation of Conor McGregor’s comeback fight.
The MMA star was supposed to make his long-awaited return to the cage later this month, in the main fight of UFC 303 in Las Vegas.
But the Irishman’s comeback clash with Michael Chandler was officially called off last week when it emerged he had suffered an undisclosed injury in training.
Despite both UFC bosses and McGregor himself confirming the injury, there are sensational claims on social media that The Notorious is not committed.
There are many unfounded suggestions on social media that McGregor has withdrawn from the fight in an attempt to bolster the UFC in its ongoing contract negotiations.
But this notion was truly rejected by White, who said Jim Roma: “I’ve said it many times and I’ll say it again: Conor McGregor never did this.
“Conor McGregor never leads to a fight and tries to renegotiate a contract or get more money.
“He never said anything remotely close to that.
“He’s as solid as can be when it comes to getting hurt right now.
“Conor McGregor is injured now. It’s [the injury] absolutely real.
BEST UK BOOKMAKER FREE BET SIGN UP OFFERSs
“He’s never done anything like that.”
SunSport understands that the UFC is working around the clock to try and finalize a new date for Mac’s Return.
August 31 is a favorite, although a September return is also on the cards.
But White has offered to book Chandler – who hasn’t fought since November 2021 – a different fight if he chooses not to wait for McGregor.
He said: “I think poor Chandler wants to wait for Conor McGregor.
“But whatever he wants to do. If he wants to fight, that summerwe will do whatever he wants.
“He is one of the greatest athletes I have ever worked with.
“He’s a good human being.
“I really like him. Whatever he wants to do, we’ll figure it out for him.”
Inside McGregor’s Notorious Lifestyle

With more sides to his personality than an octagon, Conor McGregor’s rise has been fascinating.
McGregor, 35, has not set foot in the Octagon since breaking his left leg in his trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier in July 2021.
And the former two-division champion was devastated to have been forced to pull out of his long-awaited return fight.
He wrote on Instagram: “It’s very difficult to be excluded from my scheduled comeback fight.
“I suffered an injury before the press conference that required more time to heal than was available to me.
“The decision to postpone the fight was not made lightly, but rather in consultation with my doctors, the UFC and my team.
“My fans and opponent deserve my best for this fight and we will get there!
“Thank you for the messages of support, I’m in a good mood and confident that I’ll be back!”
This story originally appeared on The-sun.com read the full story